Flammulated Owl - Placer CO., 05.30.09

  • tlcgdc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 10:43 AM
      Up to 4, and possibly?5 FLAMMULATED OWL were heard and/or?seen by a group of six birders in the Tahoe National Forest last night. We located the birds on Big Oak Flat Road, about one mile off of Mosquito Ridge Road. This area is approximately 12-14 miles east of Forresthill and requires a 4X4 or other high clearance vehicle. We also heard 2 NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL calling approximately one mile before the turn-off to Big Trees Road.?Observers: Rich Cimino, Tim Fitzer, Jim Fritzhand, Don Reinberg and John York.

      Cheers,

      Terry Colborn
      Davis, CA?