The "New Direction"

  • aguillard2469
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2009
      Well Ruth was right, I was the one that stated that only birds new to the State, or on the California Review List should be posted on CalBirds.

      This was our original intent. If someone was out birding for the day and saw species such as Mourning Doves, Western Gulls, Northern Mockingbirds, House Finches, etc., then we were asking that those common birds need not be reported to the State-wide list, but was better suited for the many different local County/Regional list that abound in California.

      But again Ruth is right, It would have been nice to know about the Blue-winged Warbler, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Yellow-throated Warblers, etc. These are birds that are rare for the State, and some of them may not be on the Review list.

      Suffice it to say, if the bird in question is a rarity for the State, then would everyone please post their sightings to calbirds and their local listserv?

      Thanks,

      Doug Aguillard
      Calbirds Moderator
      San Diego, CA'