Los Angeles Audubon Society monthly meeting, Wed 5/13/09

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2009
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend our monthly evening membership
      meeting and program presentation held the second Wednesday of the
      month (except for July and August) at Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica
      Blvd. (at Martel Ave.), West Hollywood., CA. PLEASE NOTE: tonight's
      meeting will be held in the courtyard outside of the bookstore
      entrance. Signs will be posted. Meetings start at 7:30 PM and are
      over at about 9:00 PM. Refreshments are served after the meeting.
      All are welcome!

      Wednesday, May 13, 2009

      Donelda Warhurst presents: Looking for Sparrows - 1 year, 21 states,
      21,000 miles

      After Donelda took Sylvia Gallagher's Sparrow Class in 2007, she set
      out to find and photograph all the sparrows that are regular in the
      ABA area of the US, a goal which she nearly attained. Come and hear
      about her adventures, view some of her sparrow pictures, and find out
      which sparrow she did not see. She has an amazing knowledge of
      sparrow calls and songs that she will talk about. Donelda's program
      will focus on closeup shots of the sparrows with a few other birds
      and animals thrown in. Most of the sightings were taken on the
      breeding grounds or where the birds regularly spend their winters.

      I birded with Donelda and her enthusiasm during her sparrow quest
      year was super!

      See ya Wednesday!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      We offer many great fieldtrips for both advanced and beginning
      birders, please check us out!
      Programs Chair and Trip Leader for LAAS