Western Field Ornithologists meeting

  • erpfromca@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2009
      WFO (Western Field Ornithologists) and the Idaho Bird Observatory invite
      you the 34th Annual WFO Conference in Boise, Idaho from September 10-13,
      2009.

      For details and to register, go to the WFO web site
      (_http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/_ (http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/) ) and
      click on the "2009 Annual Conference" button. You can download a full
      conference schedule there.

      WFO will be celebrating our 40th anniversary. In addition to the usual
      great field trips, skills workshops, and scientific paper presentations, this
      year we feature a keynote talk and special field trip on what may well be
      the next new North American species, the South Hills Crossbill. Dr. Craig
      Benkman will discuss his work on this distinct crossbill and its co-evolution
      with its 'prey', lodgepole pine cones. A Sunday field trip will visit the
      South Hills area to look for this bird. This is an outstanding example of
      what WFO is all about, fostering the link between ornithology and birding.

      Ed Pandolfino

      Carmichael
      **************Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.
      (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000006)