PELAGIC TRIP: MAY 10, MOTHER'S DAY

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 10:28 PM
      Howdy, Seabirders,

      Honor your mother with shearwaters and albatrosses on Mother's Day!
      Shearwater Journey's spring pelagic trip is scheduled for Sunday, May
      10, departing from Chris' Fishing Shop on Fisherman's Wharf in
      Monterey at 7 am. Join us for a day of seabirds and marine mammals.
      We hope to find Black-footed Albatrosses and shearwaters, among other
      seabirds. Presently, Orcas (Killer Whales) have been hunting sea
      lions and gray whales in the middle of Monterey Bay!! Apparently,
      this has been quite spectacular. This might be an awesome
      photographic opportunity! (Check out my image on page 74 of a Killer
      Whale killing a Northern Elephant Seal pup in Hadoram Shirihai's
      book, A Field Guide to the Marine Mammals of the World).

      Leaders for this trip are: Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, and Debra
      Shearwater with Adam Searcy and Oscar Johnson chumming. The
      "recession buster" rate is $85 per person. Please contact me, below,
      for a reservation.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debra Shearwater, just back from 35 days in Antarctica, crossing the
      southern Atlantic Ocean to Cape Town, South Africa

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com

      **Antarctica, South Georgia, & The Falkland Islands, January 5-24, 2010*
      Shearwater Journeys' Exclusive Charter
      Only 3 cabins available! Act now!