Fwd: [SDBIRDS] Directions to Robb Field in San Diego [snow bunting] Google Map Coordinates

  • Michael Evans
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009
      Lat/long coordinates

      32.755199,-117.244530

      +32° 45' 18.72", -117° 14' 40.31"

      Mike Evans
      San Diego

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Stan Walens <swalens@...>
      Date: May 2, 2009 3:03:09 PM PDT
      To: calbirds@yahoogroups.com, SDBIRDS BIRDS <SDBIRDS@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [SDBIRDS] Directions to Robb Field in San Diego [snow bunting]

      From the North:
      Take I-5 south to Sea World Drive/Tecolote Rd. exit, which is just
      north of I-8.
      Turn right at the exit ramp onto Sea World Drive.
      Follow Sea World Drive around past where it curves to the left after
      Sea World.
      It goes over some small bridges.
      Take the exit for Sunset Cliffs Blvd., which is to the right.
      The first traffic light after you're on Sunset Cliffs is West Point
      Loma Blvd.
      Turn right onto W. Pt. Loma Dr. and take it 1/4 mile. Turn right on
      Bacon Street, the entrance to Robb Field.
      Immediately on your left are two ball fields.
      The snow bunting was in the left field area of the second ball field,
      the one adjacent to the berm that runs along the river.

      From the Est:
      Take I-8 till it ends at Sunset Cliffs. Turn left onto Sunset Cliffs.
      Turn right on W Pt. Loma Dr., etc.

      Bird was still there when I left at 2:45.

      This completely unexpected bird will comprise San Diego County's
      500th species.

      Stan Walens
      SD
      swalens@...