The forecast for tomorrow is 20-25 kt winds with gusts to 35 and seas of 9-11 feet at a 9 second interval. Based on that forecast, and the fact that the wind is suposed to start early tonight, we have made the decision to cancel.
There are several other opportunities to egt offhsore this spring, please see socalbirding.com for a full list of upcoming trips.
LA Audubon will follow their normal proceedures for refunds, but I would encourage particpants to think about rolling over their registration to the July 25th trip also out of Santa Barbara. The weather is unlikely to be a factor in July, and this is peak vagrant time (our only other trip in July recorded a Tristam's storm-petrel).
We worked closely with the captain on the decision to cancel, and did so reluctantly, as I know how much people were looking forward to the trip.
Please spread the word if you know of others who were planning to attend the trip.
Marina Del Rey CA