Trip Report - San Diego Pelagic: Trip Notice: Condor Express

  • Terry Hunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2009
      Greetings,

      The complete account of Saturday's Buena Vista Audubon Pelagic Trip aboard Grande including trip list and links to photos and GPS trip track is now posted at

      http://socalbirding.com/tripreports/sandiegoapr42009.html

      What could be the best pelagic trip of 2009 sails from Santa Barbara on Saturday April 25 aboard the Condor Express chartered by the Los Angeles Audubon Society. We found two Parakeet Auklets from the Condor Express in March 2009 and saw seven of them on April 21, 2007 from the Condor. This trip gets us to 2000 fathom-deep water around the San Juan Seamount which is where rarities like Murphy's, Cook's and Hawaiian Petrel can be found this time of year as well as Black-footed and Laysan Albatrosses. Details of the April 25 trip at are at:
      http://socalbirding.com/upcomingtrips/santabarbaraapr252009.html

      If you've never been on the Condor Express and wonder what it's like, a VIDEO of flying along at 30 knots on our March 1, 2009 Parakeet Auklet Hunt Redux can be viewed at
      http://www.socalbirding.com/upcomingtrips/santabarbaraapr252009.html

      Terry Hunefeld, San Diego
      Life is short. Seabird often.

      Seabirding Trips From Southern California
      Buena Vista Audubon Society
      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Los Coronados Islands
      Nine-mile, Thirty-mile, Sixty-mile Banks
      Cortes & Tanner Banks
      Channel Islands