Los Angeles Audubon Society monthly meeting, Wed 4/8/09

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2009
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend our monthly evening membership
      meeting and program presentation held the second Wednesday of the
      month (except for July and August) in the West Hollywood Community
      Center in Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. (at Martel Ave.),
      West Hollywood., CA. Meetings start at 7:30 PM and are over at about
      9:30 PM. Refreshments are served after the meeting. All are welcome!

      Wednesday, April 8, 2009

      Guy Commeau presents: California Wildlife
      Guy is a long-time birder and photographer. His subjects are New
      Zealand to Nepal and Alaska, but he has recently admitted that
      California is the best single place to be for nature-lovers. The
      variety of habitat and wildlife are as good as anywhere on earth. In
      1991, Guy wrote "Mammals and Countries of the World - a Check List",
      which organized the mammals of the world, much as the famous Clements
      checklist did for birds. He is now retired from the restaurant
      business and is a docent at the Los Angeles Zoo when he is not on the
      road.

      See ya Wednesday!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      We offer many great fieldtrips for both advanced and beginning
      birders, please check us out!
      Programs Chair and Trip Leader for LAAS