Common Redpoll Continues at Anderson-SAT Feb 16,2002

  • Lou, Calvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17 7:20 AM
      SAT Feb 16, 2002

      At about 720AM or so, the COMMON REDPOLL was found in the tree
      to the right of the feeders behind the house. Also present were
      American Goldfinches, a few House Finches, WC sparrows, DE junco,
      and Robins. (2924 Silo Court in Anderson)

      Next my brother Kent and myself headed to Kutras Lake. We had many ducks
      including American widgeon, Ring-necked ducks, Canvasbacks, Wood ducks,
      lesser scaup, shovelar, green-winged teal, common goldeneyes,
      common mergansers,bufflehead, ruddy duck, gadwall and mallards.
      Western grebes, and green-backed heron.

      At Whiskeytownon Reservoir, the Red-necked grebe continues. We had
      one near the island to the iright from the marina parking lot.
      Also present were hooded mergansers.

      Next he headed back to 2924 Silo at about 1030 am. There was one lone birder
      there(Kevin). We waited about ten minutes before the COMMON REDPOLL
      was found on the feeder for about one min. , then disappeared into the
      tree to the right.

      Driving toward Battle Creek, we 120 or so Sandhill Cranes circling
      the fields to the right. 5-6 Lewis' woodpeckers were immediate found on
      Coleman Hatchery road. At the Wildlife area, we had nuttalls, acorn,
      red-brested, flicker, and downy woodpeckers. 6 wood ducks flushed from
      creek.

      Along Jelly Ferry Road, we had a prairie falcon, american pipets, and
      other more common birds.

      Calvin D LOu