Glaucous Gull and Tufted Duck

  • mr_storey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2009
      I was lucky enough to photograph the Glaucous Gull at Lucchesi Park in Petaluma that Alan Wight reported on March 5. I went to the park yesterday and again today and did not find the Gull again. But I did see several Gulls including Western, California, Ring-billed, Thayer's, and Glaucous-winged Gulls. If you want to learn your Gulls this is a great park to take a chair and sit and observe Gulls at your convenience and maybe find a rare Gull too (after all, this is the park that about two years ago Rich Stallcup reported the possible Mongolian Gull (you can see pictures of that Gull and a different Glaucous Gull at http://ronstorey.com/Lucchesi.

      I also drove to Oakland yesterday and again was lucky that I got a few photographs of the Tufted Duck that Joseph Morlan had reported about.

      You can see the recent photos of the Glaucous Gull and Tufted Duck at http://ronstorey.com/Pet-Oak

      Sorry for the late post about these birds…

      Ron Storey
      Petaluma, CA