Red-necked Grebe in Ventura Harbor

  • larschmahl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      Fellow birders,

      Today, on 26 February, 2009, at 12:30 PM I observed a Red-necked Grebe in a
      calm backwater of Ventura Harbor.
      The bird was observed from Marina Park which is at the north side of the
      harbor at the end of Pierpont Blvd.
      The bird was feeding with a Horned Grebe. Not far away was a raft of
      Westerns which included one Clark's and an Eared. A good day for grebes.

      The Red-necked appeared to be a first winter bird.

      Thanks,

      Larry Schmahl
      Whittier
      **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your