The Solano County Breeding Bird Atlas wants YOU!

  • Robin L. C. Leong
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2009
      Hi CalBirders,

      Are you tired of listing year birds, yard birds, and/or county birds?
      Care to really slow down and bird watch? Well, we have a different
      birding activity for YOU!

      Napa-Solano Audubon Society (NSAS) is sponsoring a Solano County
      Breeding Bird Atlas (SCBBA). This is a five year project. For the past
      four years, volunteers have been "atlasing" 5 KM x 5 KM blocks
      and determining what species nests based on criteria set by North
      American Ornithological Atlas Committee (NORAC). We would be pleased to
      have help from CalBirding community to insure it will be our last
      breeding season (approximately March – July).
      A kickoff meeting for the 2009 Breeding Season will be held on Sunday
      March 1, 2009
      at USGS conference room near Building 505 at Mare Island between 11:15
      AM
      to (?). As in past years, it will be a potluck starting around noon.
      How to get to Mare Island's 505 conference room:
      Drive to Mare Island via Hwy 37 or Hwy 80 to Tennessee Street West. If
      you
      come in on Tennessee turn right at the dead end (Azuar St) until you see
      the solo
      building to the West (left) that is lined by date palms, turn left. If
      you are
      coming in via Hwy 37 take the Mare Island off ramp, enter Mare Island
      drive until
      you get a stop sign, turn right to the dead end and turn right on to
      Azuar, then
      follow the above directions.

      The easiest way to show you what we have is to refer you to a website
      that has
      our data.
      http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bba/index.cfm?fa=explore.ProjectHome&BBA_ID=CA-\
      Sol2004
      <http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bba/index.cfm?fa=explore.ProjectHome&BBA_ID=CA\
      -Sol2004>

      If you can't make the meeting but would like to participate, please
      contact Robin Leong at robin_leong@...
      <mailto:robin_leong@...> or (707) 643-1287 or Murray Berner at
      vireocity@... <mailto:vireocity@...> or (707) 224-5897.

      Best birding,