Pelagic Boat pricing/Group Charters

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11 7:51 AM
      Greeting Calbirders,

      In an effort to make pelagic trips more affordable Monterey Seabirds is
      currently accepting reservations for Group Charters in 2009. Bring your
      Audubon chapter, bird club, group of friends or photographers. We will
      provide everything else as we do on all our trips; friendly, experienced
      spotters, marine naturalist, chummer and chum. Price for these charters
      is $1650 for groups up to 25. If you organize the outing it seems only
      fair that you go for free. The math for 25 works out to $66 per person
      for an eight hour tour!

      Most of the late summer and fall weekends, when the species diversity
      and chance for vagrants is optimal, are available for these charters.
      They can be reserved with a credit card now that won't be run until the
      day of the trip. All the organizer has to do is show up with their group.

      In past years we have done several group charters for Audubon Chapters
      and Field Ornithologist groups. They are quite fun when everyone on
      board is already acquainted. Carpooling will help keep the cost of the
      trip even more reasonable.

      This might be the ticket for those of you in need of low cost pelagics
      in these tough economic times. Let's hear it for community organizers!

      Please feel free to email me off list with any questions about these
      charters.

      Regards,
      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      http://www.montereyseabirds.com