CBRC adds Bluethroat to California state list

  • Kimball Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2009
      Birders,

      The California Bird Records Committee has unanimously endorsed record
      #2008-116 of a Bluethroat, Luscinia svecica, present on San Clemente I.,
      Los Angeles Co. 14-18 September 2008.

      This adds a new species to the California list, which now stands at 641
      species (631 native). Bluethroat should be placed on the state
      checklist at the beginning of the family Turdidae, immediately before
      Red-flanked Bluetail. It is, of course, also added to the CBRC review
      list.

      Kimball Garrett

      Kimball L. Garrett

      Ornithology Collections Manager