San Antonio Valley Rd. Santa Clara County

  • Richard Cimino
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2009
      Monday early morning 8:30 am at the Junction it was 36 degrees with great
      views of the back side of Mt. Hamilton with snow.
      We found one Lewis's Woodpecker near road maker 0020 looking east, several
      hundred feet back from the fence line.
      The Lewis's did a brief Flycatcher exhibit but other wise it was perched
      getting sun.
      Acorn Woodpeckers, Oak Titmouse, Red-Tailed Hawks made appearances also.
      The area over all had many small groups of Yellow-billed Magpies.
      The surprise of the day was Lesser Yellowlegs in one of the stock ponds, I
      failed to note the road marker.
      The same pond had Bufflehead ducks.
      Driving up Mines Rd. near a horse coral - Alameda County along the Arroyo
      Mocho there was four Wood Ducks.

      Richard Cimino
      rscimino@...
      Da Pacem Cordium