LA Audubon monthly meeting, 1/14/09

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2009
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon's monthly
      meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday January 14, 2009 in Plummer Park, 7335
      Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046, room 6 in the Community
      Hall. Refreshments will be served after the presentation. The book
      store will be open before and after the meeting. We feature great
      bird field guides, bird finding books, optics and more!! The book
      store will feature sales and clearance on certain items.

      Graham Chisholm presents:

      Audubon California and four other partners reach an agreement with
      the Tejon Ranch Company in May 2008 to set aside 240,000 acres for
      conservation. Covering four distinct ecological regions, and perhaps
      the biologically most important property in California, the Tejon
      Ranch has been on the list for protection by environmentalists for a
      long time. Come learn about the settlement agreement that is setting
      90% of the ranch aside for conservation.

      LAAS will set up future fieldtrips to this beautiful area so I
      encourage you to learn more about this new birding site! This past
      October, LAAS was invited to visit Tejon Ranch and we encountered
      Golden Eagles, Lewis's Woodpeckers and a Bobcat made an appearance!

      I hope to see you at the monthly meeting.

      Mary Freeman
      Los Angeles Audubon Society
      President and Program Chair
      Glendale, CA
      Join us in celebrating our Centennial in 2010
      http://losangelesaudubon.org