California Condors @ Big Sur

  • snorkler@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2009
      Last year at this time, I took a German birder down Hwy 1, 4.5 miles below Pfeifer-Big Sur State Park, and found 10 California Condors on an A frame home under construction. The A frame roof was covered with a blue tarp.

      Are the condors still at that home, or has it been completed and occupied? I'm leading a field trip down to the Monterey area next month, and would appreciate recent condor sightings.

      Darrell Lee
      Benicia, CA

      Need to get rid of some stuff? Click now and let our liquidation experts help you out!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbt6BxowgsFCAtRKD8XZFnsrwVpHkQu5RUaZjJpJCZ6H45BcR/
    • Tim Liguori
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2009
        As of last Saturday (Jan 10), there were 11 there (Grimes Canyon). The
        house is covered with scaffolding and they were hanging out on the roof and
        in the trees. Because its along the cliffs, the birds will glide by within
        10-15 feet. Also saw about 4 more at the next canyon south (about a mile)
        down at the shore with a bunch of seals.

        Tim & Monique Liguori
        Fairfield, CA

        _____