Start the year with Seabirds: January 17

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009
      Hello, Seabirders,

      Kick start your year with seabirds by joining Shearwater Journeys on
      our JANUARY 17TH pelagic trip, departing from Fishermans' Wharf in
      Monterey at 7 am, and returning about 3 pm. Last year's January trip
      included Black-footed Albatross, Northern Fulmar, Pink-footed and
      Short-tailed Shearwaters, nine species of gulls, including Black-
      legged Kittiwakes, Common Murres, Pigeon Guillemot, Ancient
      Murrelets, Rhinoceros Auklets, and inshore birds: Red-throated,
      Pacific, and Common Loons, four species of grebes, Long-tailed and
      Harlequin Ducks in the harbor and Surfbirds on the jetty. Marine
      mammals included Gray Whales and Pacific White-sided Dolphins.

      Please contact Debra, see below, for a reservation.

      Reports from Monterey Bay indicate that it is quite "birdy" right
      now. This would be a great trip for photographers!

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debra

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com

      *Antarctica, South Georgia, & The Falkland Islands, January 5-24, 2010*
      Shearwater Journeys' Exclusive Charter