Winter Pelagic Trip - Jan. 10th

  • Nancy Kenyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      There are still a few spots left for the Sea & Sage Audubon Winter
      Pelagic Trip scheduled for next Saturday, Jan. 10th, out of Dana Point.
      The meeting time is 7:30 a.m. at the Ocean Institute parking lot.
      Advance reservations are necessary.

      The trip will run from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, but it is necessary to meet
      in the parking lot at 7:30 for checkin. Possible birds for this trip
      include: Rhinoceros Auklet, Xantus’ Murrelet, Cassin’s Auklet, Ancient
      Murrelet, Common Murre, Black-vented Shearwater, Pink-footed Shearwater,
      Sooty Shearwater and Northern Fulmar. Our leader, Jerry Tolman, is an
      experienced leader and pelagic birder. We will be using the 70 ft. Sea
      Explorer, a research vessel belonging to the Ocean Institute of Dana Point.

      Advance reservations are necessary. Trip fee is $50 per person, (payable
      to Sea & Sage Audubon). Mail to: Pelagic trip, c/o Nancy Kenyon, 32
      Almond Tree Ln, Irvine CA 92612. Include your phone number & your email
      address for trip confirmation, directions to the meeting spot, and other
      trip information.

      Nancy Kenyon, field trip chair
      nkenyon@...
      949-786-3160