Moonglow Dairy access

  • snorkler@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
      Is Moonglow Dairy near Moss Landing still accessible to the general public? I remember some restrictions during the Food and Mouth Disease scare a couple of years ago, and assumed they've been lifted. Can someone confirm or deny this?

      Darrell Lee
      Alameda, CA

      Click to become an artist and quit your boring job.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbulrJ2fmYI0uE2Qf7uPM5wX7uzRgN2MMdAcdArEkwYPHeefb/
    • Don Roberson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
        Moonglow Dairy access is as it has been for some years -- open to
        birders -- but the birding public is requested to follow the general
        rules posted at
        http://montereybay.com/creagrus/moonglow.html

        The roads do become pretty impassable in very wet weather, though,
        and should not be tried when very muddy.

        Don Roberson
        Pacific Grove CA
      • Don Roberson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
          I forgot to mention there is an electronic gate at Moonglow that is
          sometimes closed. Actually, I've never seen it closed but others have
          reported it as closed, so they do close it sometimes. Apparently it
          opens automatically from the inside to outgoing traffic. In any
          event, this is not usually a problem, but if the gate is closed,
          birders may also use the next road west (when it isn't muddy) that
          goes more or less directly to the eucalyptus grove.

          Don Roberson
          Pacific Grove CA