INDIO BLUE-HEADED VIREO UPDATE

  • bigbirderscott
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2008
      Howdy birders,

      Bill Haas, Alisa Zych and myself attempted to refind the potential
      BLUE-HEADED VIREO again this morning at the Indian Palms country club
      in Indio. At about 8:30 am we were joined by Andrew and Vernon Howe
      who showed up to look for the bird.

      A vireo-like squeal put us on high alert to what turned out to be a
      comparatively drab PLUMBEOUS VIREO which looked like a gray-scale
      version of the technicolor bird we saw yesterday. This unlikely spot
      was very birdy with 3 CACTUS WRENS, a RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, both
      ANNA'S and COSTA'S HUMMINGBIRDS, SAY'S PHOEBE and numerous VERDIN,
      WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS, GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES and NORTHERN
      MOCKINGBIRDS.

      We departed about 9am to get back to work without having refound the
      subject bird.

      Bird well,

      Scott Huber
      Forest Ranch