SUSPECTED BLUE-HEADED VIREO IN INDIO

  • williamscotthuber
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2008
      Howdy birders,

      While working on a bird surveying project in the Salton Sea area we
      found our best bird back at the hotel! At app. 7:30 am this morning
      12/19 Bill Haas and I had a very contrasty and brightly plumaged
      vireo which we believe to be blue-headed. Head was a very deep rich
      gray, olive back, deep yellow flanks, stark white throat. If this
      were a Cassin's it would be the brightest Cassin's that either of us
      has ever seen - which leads us to believe it is a blue-headed.

      We'd be delighted to have Imperial county birders re-find the bird.
      Take Monroe south from I-10 to Indian Palms Country Club, and turn
      left into the country club (gated with a security person but they are
      pretty easy going so think of a good reason to tell them you want
      in). The bird was in the trees in front of the south facing hotel
      rooms (109, 111, 113).

      Bird well,

      Scott Huber
      Forest Ranch