Onik Arian (fwd) [nwcalbird] A very sad Del Norte Co. CBC:

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2008
      A newspaper story with additional details is at:

      http://www.triplicate.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=11171

      Forwarded from NWCalbirds:

      On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:38:04 -0800 (PST), Alan Barron
      <flockfinder@...> wrote:

      Birders,
      Yesterday December 14th on our Del Norte County CBC, Onik Arian lost his
      life as he was washed from the jetty and tumbled to the rocks below as he
      covered his territory around Crescent City Harbor.
      An expert birder and accomplished and talented emergency room physician
      with a warm friendly personality and sense of humor to match.
      A recent 2+ year transplant from Ventura County he will be missed greatly
      here in Del Norte as well and our thoughts go to his family.
      ...Alan D. Barron
      Crescent City

      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
      Birding Classes start Feb 3 in SF http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2008
        That is horrible. We read that story in the paper this morning but it didn't mention that he was participating in a CBC. My heart breaks for his family.

        Tiffany Erickson
        Windsor, CA

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2008
          Folks,