Monterey CBC pelagic

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008
      Skipper Richard Ternullo and I would like to invite any interested
      birders to join us on the pelagic portion of the Monterey CBC on Monday,
      Dec. 29th. The boat will be leaving the dock at the very civilized hour
      of 10am as we will be joining the daily Monterey Bay Whale Watch. We
      will return to the dock about 1pm. Cost is $34 per person with an
      additional $5 for the count fee.

      We will have several very experienced sets of eyes on board and hope to
      see some interesting winter seabirds: Black-legged Kittiwake, Ancient
      Murrelet and Short-tailed Shearwaters to name a few. Last year we had a
      Manx Shearwater and rarities seen in past years include Yellow-billed
      Loon and Flesh-footed Shearwater. We will likely see some migrating Gray
      Whales too.

      To register call Monterey Bay Whale Watch/Monterey Seabirds at 831
      375-4658 or you can do it online at: http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Roger Wolfe over and out
      Soquel, CA