Bird Use Info Request for Butterbredt/Jawbone/Kelso Creek/Kelso Valley

  • Bob Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2008
      Hi,

      About 60,000 acres of Onyx Ranch (including Butterbredt Spring,
      numerous springs in the Southern Sierra, and the ranch's South Fork
      Kern River Valley headquarters) has been sold to an energy
      development company.

      Following is a message from Audubon's Sean Rowe asking for bird use
      information in the Southern Sierra, especially in Butterbredt
      Canyon/Butterbredt Spring, Jawbone Canyon, Kelso Valley, "Kelso Creek
      Valley" (from Kern River Preserve Headquarters in Weldon south
      through the Kelso Creek watershed to the pass above Kelso Valley),
      and numerous springs important to birds throughout the Souther
      Sierra Nevada. FYI: Sean is Land Steward with Audubon California's
      Kern River Preserve and co-originator of the Kern River Valley Turkey
      Vulture Watch.

      RSVP to Sean (srowe@...) if you have information which you
      think might be useful.

      I am hopeful you are as thankful as I am that Sean is working on this
      issue and can/will assist him as you are able.

      Thank you,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County