North American Birds - Fall Season, So. Cal.

  • Kimball Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Dear NAB Contributors,

      I'm posting this request on behalf of Guy McCaskie, who is currently
      experiencing internet problems.

      Kimball L. Garrett

      Ornithology Collections Manager

      900 Exposition Blvd.

      Los Angeles CA 90007

      (213) 763-3368

      (213) 746-2999 FAX

      kgarrett@...

      The Fall Season (1 August through 30 November) has ended, and we
      solicit reports for inclusion in the Southern California Region of NORTH
      AMERICAN BIRDS. Reports should be arranged with species in the
      taxonomic
      order followed by the American Ornithologists Union (Check-List of North
      American Birds 1998 and supplements) and the American Birding
      Association (6th edition of
      the ABA Checklist, 2002). Reports of species included on the California
      Bird Records Committee (CBRC) review list (Field List of California
      Birds
      2005, obtainable through Western Field Ornithologists at 1359 Solano
      Drive,
      Pacifica, CA 94044 www.wfo.cbrc.org <http://www.wfo.cbrc.org> ) must
      be accompanied by documentation
      (written description, photographs, etc.). Similar documentation should
      also
      accompany reports of species unusual for the location or season. Full
      names, with all initials, should be used in the reports (this reduces
      the
      potential for different observers having the same initials, and makes it
      simpler to acknowledge contributors).

      Reports should be sent to the appropriate County Coordinators (listed
      below)
      or directly to Guy McCaskie. Reports for this season must be received
      prior
      to 15 December 2008. NORTH AMERICAN BIRDS can not exist without your
      input.

      David Compton (Santa Barbara County)
      736 Cieneguitas, # F
      Santa Barbara, CA 93110
      davcompton@... <mailto:davcompton@...>

      Tom M. Edell (San Luis Obispo County)
      46 8th Street
      Cayucos, CA 93430
      tedell@... <mailto:tedell@...>

      John F. Green (Riverside County)
      3120 Mount Vernon Ave.
      Riverside, CA 92507-3140
      bewickwren@... <mailto:bewickwren@...>

      Kimball L. Garrett (Los Angeles County)
      900 Exposition Boulevard
      Los Angeles, CA 90007
      kgarrett@... <mailto:kgarrett@...>

      Tom and Jo Heindel (Inyo County)
      PO Box 400
      Big Pine, CA 93513
      tjheindel@... <mailto:tjheindel@...>

      Alexander E. Koonce (San Bernardino County)
      1357 Paige Lane
      Redlands, CA 92373-6878
      sandy_koonce@... <mailto:sandy_koonce@...>

      Guy McCaskie (Imperial County)
      954 Grove Avenue
      Imperial Beach, CA 91932
      guymcc@... <mailto:guymcc@...>

      Oscar Johnson (Ventura County)
      P.O. Box 21903
      Santa Barbara, CA 93121
      henicorhina@... <mailto:henicorhina@...>

      Douglas R. Willick (Orange County)
      236 S Batavia St #E
      Orange CA 92868
      Doug.Willick@... <mailto:Doug.Willick@...>

      John C. Wilson (Kern County)
      1425 Alta Vista Drive
      Bakersfield, CA 93305
      jcwilson@... <mailto:jcwilson@...>

      We thank you in advance for your time and effort to contribute to NAB.

      Guy McCaskie
      954 Grove Avenue
      Imperial Beach, CA 91932

      Kimball L. Garrett