LA Audubon monthly meeting, 11/12/08 - IBA

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2008
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon's monthly
      meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday November 12, 2008 in Plummer Park, 7335
      Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046, room 6 in the Community
      Hall. Start your holiday shopping now as the book store will be open
      before and after the meeting. We feature great bird field guides,
      bird finding books, optics and more!! Refreshments will be served
      after the presentation.

      The Important Bird Areas Program and YOU

      Presented by Andrea Jones, Important Bird Areas Program Director for
      Audubon California.

      The Important Bird Areas Program is a global effort to identify and
      conserve habitat vital to birds and other biodiversity. This program
      identifies critical sites that provide essential habitat for one or
      more species of bird. In California , such sites must be less than
      100,000 acres in size, possess a bird community distinct from the
      surrounding region, and meet other criteria. A site�s designation as
      an Important Bird Area is a powerful distinction which can be
      utilized to leverage conservation efforts.

      Andrea Jones, Audubon California�s Director of the Important Bird
      Areas Program, will speak in depth about the Important Bird Areas
      program and highlight some of Los Angeles County�s designated
      Important Bird Areas as well as other areas in southern California.
      Andrea will discuss how Los Angeles Audubon members can get involved
      with this program. She will welcome input about conservation
      concerns and visions for the region, so please bring your ideas!

      We, as birders, should be on the look out for our bird's and
      wildlife's welfare and I believe you will learn how to make a
      difference by listening to Andrea's talk.

      Happy Birding!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      President and Programs Chair for Los Angeles Audubon
      Join us in celebrating our Centennial in 2010
      http://losangelesaudubon.org