Dark Gull with light Iris' at Bodega Head

  • mr_storey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      I need your help identifying a Gull I photographed today at Bodega
      Head. When I first approached the Gull I thought it was a Western
      Gull due to the dark feathers of the mantle and wings, but after I
      began to photograph the bird I realized it had light iris'. I have
      posted pictures of the bird at

      http://ronstorey.com/MysteryGull3

      Is this a bird of interest? A hybrid? Or a Herring Gull that just
      appears dark?

      Ron Storey
      Petaluma, CA