Re: Wood Thrush at Galileo Hill 10-9-08

  • Daniel S. Cooper
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
      Ken/Brenda,

      This appears to be a decently-photographed Wood Thrush (nothing
      "possible" about it, at least to my eyes). Not sure why you'd need to
      see the cheek clearly - the large, round spots extending down the
      entire underparts are diagnostic for this species, which is really
      different from our other Catharus thrushes.

      Right time of year, but great find!

      Dan Cooper
      Los Angeles

      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Ken and Brenda Kyle"