BODEGA BAY OCT 9 PELAGIC TRIP CANCELED: IMPORTANT NOTICE: GALE WARNING

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008
      HELLO, SEABIRDERS

      THIS IS AN IMPORTANT NOTICE:

      The Shearwater Journey's OCTOBER 9TH PELAGIC TRIP DEPARTING FROM
      BODEGA BAY TOMORROW, IS CANCELED DUE TO A GALE WARNING. Please
      contact anyone that you know who might be signed on for this trip,
      and post on additional lists.

      As much as we would love to show you seabirds, it will not be
      possible with the weather conditions that are predicted, and will
      almost certainly materialize. This includes canceling for the WFO,
      Western Field Ornithologists group on board the boat. We are very
      sorry to have to make this decision and will be contacting everyone
      that we can possibly reach at this time. A full refund will be sent
      to all passengers within 30 days. Thank you for your continued
      support of the Shearwater Journeys' pelagic trips.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debra

      The NOAA weather report is as follows:

      POINT ARENA TO PIGEON POINT 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
      824 AM PDT WED OCT 8 2008

      GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON

      TODAY
      NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT BECOMING 25 TO 35 KT BY MID-MORNING.
      WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 8 TO 10 FT AT 10 SECONDS AND S 2
      FT AT 15 SECONDS.

      TONIGHT
      NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. COMBINED SEAS 11 TO 15 FT
      DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS.

      THU
      N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. COMBINED SEAS 11 TO 16 FT DOMINANT
      PERIOD 10 SECONDS.

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com

      *Antarctica, South Georgia, & The Falkland Islands, January 5-24, 2010*
      Shearwater Journeys' Exclusive Charter