LA Audubon monthly meeting, 10/8/08 - Bhutan presentation

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon's monthly
      meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday October 8, 2008 in Plummer Park, 7335
      Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046, room 6 in the Community
      Hall. The nature store will be open before and after the meeting. We
      feature great bird field guides, bird finding books, optics and
      more!! Refreshments will be served after the monthly meeting.

      We are happy to welcome back Tom Stephenson from Brooklyn, New York.
      Tom is a great speaker and photographer. He has a keen ability
      birding by ear. Tom has written numerous articles for American
      Birding Association. He has also conducted workshops for LA Audubon
      on digiscoping and Photoshop. Please join us as Tom gives a talk on
      his recent journey photographing birds in Bhutan:

      Bhutan: Birding the last Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom

      Nestled in the Eastern Himalayas, and virtually untouched by the
      technologies and industries that have shaped the rest of the world,
      Bhutan remains a unique and pristine refuge for birds and birders. No
      where else in the world can you drive for days and days through
      uninterrupted primary forests which protect some of the world�s most
      beautiful bird species. This is a country where the first roads were
      built in the 1960s, TV still is not a common fixture, and the King�s
      focus is on Gross National Happiness!

      Come see Ibisbill, Rufous-necked Hornbill, the brilliant Fire-tailed
      Myzornis, Golden Babbler, and the spectacular Satyr Tragopan along
      with Green-tailed Sunbirds and Pygmy Wren Babblers. And we won�t
      leave out stunning shots of prayer wheels, temples, Dzongs, the rare
      Golden Langur; and, of course, the Himalayas.

      Come on over and share your bird reports and chat with your local
      birding buds!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      President and Programs Chair for Los Angeles Audubon
      Join us in celebrating our Centennial in 2010
      http://losangelesaudubon.org