WFO Annual Meeting, October 9-12, in San Mateo, California

  • Gjon_Hazard@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2008
      We're just a month away from the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Western Field
      Ornithologists, October 9-12, in San Mateo, California.

      If you haven't done so already, now's a good time to register! You can
      even register with your credit card on-line from our secure Web page (see
      below).

      On Friday and Saturday we have half-day morning field trips, morning
      workshops, and afternoon scientific sessions. Evening events include our
      famed identification panels and a meet-the-authors and book-signing event
      featuring WFO's latest publication, Bird Species of Special Concern.

      Full-day field trips are scheduled for Thursday and Sunday to Point Reyes,
      Half Moon Bay, the Hayward Shoreline, the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory’s
      hawk monitoring site in the Marin Headlands. Also on those days,
      Shearwater Journeys is offering two pelagic trips (separate registration)
      -- one trip goes out from Bodega Bay on Thursday and one trip goes out to
      Monterey Bay from Santa Cruz on Sunday.

      Capping off our meeting will be our Saturday evening banquet featuring
      keynote speaker Carla Cicero of UC Berkeley, whose topic will be The
      Grinnell Resurvey Project: A Century of Avifaunal Change in California.
      (Space is limited, so sign up now.)

      All WFO activities and presentations are suitable for all skill levels --
      you don't need to professional "ornithologist" to be a Western Field
      Ornithologist.

      Registration information, including the preliminary program, is available
      via WFO's new Web page: <http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/>

      Looking forward to seeing you there!

      Cheers,
      -Gj