[Admin] Filtering messages

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2008
      Hi Calbirders,

      In an effort to control unwanted email, many of us installed filters
      to either block or respond to those not in our address books.
      Unfortunately, this can result in spurious messages to members who
      post to the list, which merely compounds the problem. Do not use
      auto-responses to members of this list. This includes Earthlink
      anti-spam challenges and out of office messages. If you're going to
      be away, set your subscription to No Mail.

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky,
      SoCA Bird Guides <steve at sosensky.com> www.sosensky.com/guides
      Nature Photos www.sosensky.com/nature_photos.htm
      Optics4Birding <steve at optics4birding.com> www.optics4birding.com
      Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 949-269-2161 33.56485 N, 117.72205 W