[Fwd: Re: [CALBIRDS] wagtail in Santa Barbara County?]

  • davefurseth@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      If memory serves, it was about this time last year that the Yellow Wagtail showed up at Malibu Lagoon for a week or so - certainly worth keeping an eye peeled.

      Dave Furseth
      Murrieta, CA
      www.davesbirds.com

      >From: Dave Compton <davcompton@...>
      >Date: 2008/09/03 Wed PM 04:00:45 CDT
      >To: CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, Steve Hampton <shampton@...>
      >Cc: SB County Birding <sbcobirding@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] wagtail in Santa Barbara County?

      >I'm not sure what a "personal location" means in eBird terms, but the Santa Barbara County Eastern Yellow Wagtail was seen on private property for two days and apparently has been missed today. I'm sure everyone understands the issues that are entailed with a situation like this. So far, birders have been pretty careful not to jeopardize the tenuous access to the property in question. I hope this won't change now that the word is out.

      >Dave Compton
      >Santa Barbara

      Dave Furseth
      Murrieta, CA
      www.davesbirds.com
    • Guy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        In order to stop speculation as to the number and dates of occurrence of the
        CBRC endorsed records of Eastern Yellow Wagtails in California in 2007, they
        are as follows:

        One at Bodega Bay SON 06 Sep 2007

        One at Malibu Lagoon LA 14-15 Sep 2007

        One vic. Point Mugu N.A.B. VEN 24-25 Sep 20067

        Guy McCaskie

        954 Grove Avenue
        Imperial Beach, CA 91932

        _____

        Hampton <shampton@ospr. <mailto:shampton%40ospr.dfg.ca.gov> dfg.ca.gov>

        <mailto:shampton%40ospr.dfg.ca.gov> dfg.ca.gov> wrote:

        >From: Steve Hampton <shampton@ospr. <mailto:shampton%40ospr.dfg.ca.gov>
        dfg.ca.gov>
        >Subject: [CALBIRDS] wagtail in Santa Barbara County?
        >To: CALBIRDS@yahoogroup <mailto:CALBIRDS%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
        >Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:46 PM
        >
        >eBird is reporting this: 1 Eastern Yellow Wagtail was observed at a
        personal
        >location, Santa Barbara County on 1 SEPTEMBER, 2008 by Michael San Miguel.
        >
        >Any details?
        >
        >Steve Hampton
        >________________
        >Resource Economist
        >Office of Spill Prevention and Response
        >California Dept of Fish and Game
        >PO Box 944209
        >Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
        yahoo.com/group/CALBIRDS
        >Listowners: mailto:CALBIRDS-owner@
        <mailto:CALBIRDS-owner%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

        >For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My
        Membership
        >and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email to these
        addresses:
        >Turn off email delivery: mailto:CALBIRDS-nomail@
        <mailto:CALBIRDS-nomail%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        >Resume email delivery: mailto:CALBIRDS-normal@
        <mailto:CALBIRDS-normal%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Dave Furseth
        Murrieta, CA
        www.davesbirds.com