Book recommendation for birders

  • Maggie Rufo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      There is a great book just out called "The Owl and the Woodpecker," by Paul
      Bannick. Sounds like a nursery rhyme no? Oh wait, that was the owl and
      pussycat. Anyway, it's a really stunning book with great text and AMAZING
      photos. What is so special about this book is that the photos show the
      birds in action, not just standing on a perch looking pretty. I posted a
      full review on Amazon.com if anyone wants to read more and see a preview of
      the book:

      http://tinyurl.com/5s2x6l

      and you can also find out more here:

      The Owl and the Woodpecker: Encounters with North America's Most Iconic Birds
      <http://www.paulbannick.com/OwlandWoodpecker.pdf>http://www.paulbannick.com/OwlandWoodpecker.pdf

      I just really think this book is special, as well as educational about
      conservation and ecology in a very accessible way.

      Maggie Rufo
      Novato

      I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven.
      - Emily Dickinson