Pasadena Audubon Field Trip

  • Ed Stonick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2002
      (This is a Pasadena Audubon field trip but anyone else is welcome. There's no charge, except for a fee to enter Lake Perris.)
      --Ed Stonick

      Field Trip to Lake Perris and San Jacinto Wildlife Area

      Date: Sunday, February 10, 2002
      Time: 8:00AM - ???

      Please note: We will begin the trip at Lake Perris. Right now, the more unusual birds are there, including a pair of Red-nekced Grebes, which are seldom seen in Southerrn California, a Tufted Duck, and some first-winter Thayer's Gulls. Boat activity is high on Sunday, so we want to get an early start at the lake.

      Directions: Take the 210 Freeway east, continue past the 10 interchange on route 57 and take the 60 (Riverside) freeway east. Take the Moreno Beach Dr. exit (NOT Perris Blvd.) turn right (going south) and follow the signs to Lake Perris Recreation Area. We will meet in front of the Marina at 8 a.m. The Marina is located just east of the boat launch area.

      There is an entrance fee (I believe it's $6.00 per vehicle). Carpooling is recommended. Allow at least one hour to reach Lake Perris from the Pasadena area.

      After checking the lake, we will proceed to San Jacinto Wildlife Area which is along Davis Rd. just to the east.

      Regards,
      Ed Stonick
      (626) 796-0595

      stonicks@...