Big Bear birding question

  • lilithm3@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2008
      Hi, Cal Birders:

      Due to my work situation, I can only take three or four days off mid-week in October this year, and I'm going to the Big Bear area, may hit Lake Arrowhead area as well. I would like to know:

      1. What and where in the area are my best chances of finding the White Headed Woodpecker?

      2. Is early October better (in terms of migratory patterns as well as overall birding) than late October?

      3. Good birding spots? While I don't have a 4WD, I do have a 2005 Ford Escape, with a fairly decent clearance, so I can tackle some off the beaten path locations.

      Any advice or suggestions will be very greatly appreciated and utilized. This is the first time I've been able to get out of town since July 2007 and I'm jonesing already!

      Thanks so much,

      Sue Jorgenson
      Anaheim/Fullerton

      Hit it out of the park with a new bat. Click now!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3n5YPTV6sYkDFA1pt27oiLiBsZwhSomD6onvptlQWKnGIDYZ/