Burney Falls Sunday early AM.

  • Richard Cimino
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008
      Dave Bowden and I completed our Burney trip Sunday morning with a Merlin in
      the park.
      We made one last trip to the falls area for Black Swifts we counted nine
      Black Swifts near 7AM.
      Instead of trying to match the 24 count of the day before we headed to
      beach area of Lake Britton.
      Here we had;
      Yellow Warblers
      Hairy Woodpecker
      Downy Woodpecker
      Red Breasted Sapsucker
      A family of Song Sparrows with two young which had no tails.
      White-breasted Nuthatch
      At the Britton Lake dam we had:
      Canyon Wren
      Half mile out of the Burney Park gate we had:
      An adult Merlin carrying it's prey for the morning across HY 89.
      It stopped road side in a pine hoping we would go away.
      We didn't go away.
      So he flew across an open meadow giving us great viewing he landed in Oak
      Tree boarding the meadow.

      Richard Cimino
      Pleasanton, Alameda County, Cal.