New Type Of Weekend Deep Water Pelagic Planned November 1-3, 2008

  • Terry Hunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008
      Greetings Seabirders

      The Buena Vista Audubon Society has added a new weekend pelagic trip
      to its 2008 itinerary.

      Details at http://www.SoCalBirding.com

      We'll spend two days and two nights (47 hours) at sea without
      returning to San Diego on Saturday afternoon. This trip is designed
      to get to the edge of the Continental Shelf, 50 miles beyond the
      Cortez and Tanner Banks and get you back in time for work on Monday.

      The "Continental Shelf Pelagic Trip" will depart Point Loma
      Sportfishing Landing on the 85-foot live-aboard Grande on Saturday
      morning, November 1, and return to San Diego at 6:15 a.m. on Monday
      morning, November 3.

      We'll spend Saturday working our way past the Coronados Islands (how
      many species of boobies?), followed by Coronado Canyon, then the 9-
      mile bank, 30-mile bank and 60-mile bank, arriving at San Clemente
      Island at around sunset.

      After dinner at San Clemente Island's Pyramid Cove, we'll continue
      cruising west all night and wake up more than 50 miles beyond the
      Cortez and Tanner banks – at the edge of the continental shelf.
      See www.SoCalBirding.com for the target, expected, possible and
      rarity species lists for this trip.

      OTHER TRIPS

      Details of most, if not all, upcoming pelagic trips in Southern
      California for the remainder of 2008 are now online at
      http://www.SoCalBirding.com including the L.A. Audubon (LAAS) Society
      sponsored trips, Orange County Sea & Sage Audubon sponsored trips and
      Buena Vista Audubon (BVAS) Society sponsored trips.

      Please report any errors or omissions seen on SoCalBirding.com to
      thunefeld@...

      W. Terry Hunefeld
      North County San Diego
      Life is short.
      Seabird often.

      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Pelagic Seabirding Trips From San Diego to:
      9-mile Bank
      Los Coronados Islands
      Cortes & Tanner Banks
      Channel Islands