Crested Caracara and 4 Semipalmated Sandpipers in Del Norte

  • Ryan Terrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2008
      Hi everyone-

      Today, Matt Brady and I had 4 Semipalmated Sabdpipers at the Alexandre Dairy in Del Norte County. Two adults and two Juveniles. I am pretty frustrated with google apps, so I put one photo of each here:

      http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=6717821&k=ZVGZZ253UVYMZCMGXDX3W

      This
      should work, let me know if it doesn't. We were pretty impressed with
      the brightness of one of the juveniles, which got us considering
      Red-necked Stint, but looking at the photos on the computer, this does
      not seem to be the case.

      Anyway, we were pretty surprised to see 4 SESAs together. The two Juveniles were the only Juvenile shorebirds present.

      The Crested Caracara continued near the beginning of Mosely road, also in the Smith River Bottoms.

      -Ryan Terrill
      Santa Cruz, Ca