Re: [CALBIRDS] errata sheet for Rare Birds of California?

  • Elias Elias
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2008
      Hey Ken and others,

      I might be able to help you out: At least at the 200 mile limit, think
      of the the arcs as belonging to the county that produces the arc.
      Therefore the v's where the arcs meet are the county boundries. As you
      get closer to shore the county lines should cross the contour line
      perpendicularly.

      Kudos to the Editors of Rare Birds of California to including this map
      in this guide.

      I posted a sketch of the map G-4 to the Yahoo groups webpage
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CALBIRDS/files/Regional%20Locality%20Notes/
      It graphically describes what I so poorly tried to articulate with words
      above.

      and Kimball: Orange county birders shouldn't cry too hard. Marin's got
      it worse.

      Elias Elias
      HOME: 141 G Street Arcata, CA 95521
      WORK: USDA Forest Service, Redwood Sciences Lab., Bird Monitoring Lab.,
      1700 Bayview Drive Arcata CA 95521
      (559) 433-7254 walkie-talkie
      fabflockfinder@...

      My status <skype:eliasaelias?chat>