yellow-billed loon reaaaally close to California border:

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      Dear CalBirders,
      If you're thinking about going out to Blythe for the Ruddy Ground Doves,
      read on:

      Subject: Yellow-billed Loon continues
      From: "Roy M. Jones" <barbet@...>
      Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:55:37 -0700
      I just got back from a trip out to Lake Havasu looking for the Yellow-billed
      Loon. Today the bird was at London Bridge and north of it, mostly at the
      mouth of the channel on the north side (or the opposite end of the channel,
      where Mark had it yesterday). I watched it and got real close-up video while
      it swam around fishing this area. For a while the bird was directly under
      the bridge, too.

      Roy M. Jones
      2237 North Sunset Drive
      Tempe, AZ 85281