Re: Scrub Jay in Nest Box

  • Dick Blaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2008
      After looking at a bunch of Western Bluebird and Scrub and Stellar Jay
      pictures, I think the likely hood is that I was seeing one adult male in
      full breeding plumage and an adult female and/or one or two hatchlings. I
      just don't remember every seeing a Western Bluebird with such bright and
      deep blue plumage before.

      As to my expertise - somewhere between rank amateur and experienced
      observer; I don't claim any great degree of observation. Of course, I
      should have taken photos but the maggots and other critters discouraged me
      from going home for my camera and returning.

      Dick Blaine in Cupertino, CA