  • Dick Blaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2008
      Has anyone heard of scrub jays nesting in a Standard size (Bluebird) nest
      box?

      I found three dead hatchlings in one of my boxes at McClellan Ranch Park
      (Santa Clara County) on return from vacation. I suspect that the 102 degree
      heat wave did them in.

      At first I thought they were Western Bluebirds but the color was bright (not
      pale) blue. The largest of the three was about the size of a fully grown
      Western Bluebird

      Dick Blaine in Cupertino, CA