Re: Grinnell re-survey

  • Mark Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      All:

      My reading of the documents on the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology
      website yields this:
      In the re-survey of the Yosemite transect of Grinnell and his students
      I could not find any evidence of taking specimens of birds, only
      seeing and hearing birds. Mammals and frogs, etc, small amounts of
      those they live trapped were taken as specimens. For the Lassen
      transact the plans are: "Resurvey efforts include inventorying the
      local bird, mammal, reptile and amphibian species; collecting a few
      representative samples of each species as museum specimens." It is
      all at:
      http://mvz.berkeley.edu/Grinnell .

      Regards,

      Mark Brown