Calliopes at Bassett's

  • sblauman1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      Hi Birders,

      Thank you all who replied to my request for information on Calliope
      Hummingbird locations. I went go to Bassett's on Hwy 49 today and the
      feeders were, indeed, quite busy. Lots of males and females. In fact,
      there was hardly a moment when the feeders were void of birds. I
      arrived about 8:45 am and stayed 45 minutes.

      An extra treat was a small flock of 6 Evening Grosbeaks and a pair of
      Cassin's Finches that visited the seed feeder they have. The males were
      glowing.

      Thank's again,
      Sara BLauman
      Stockton