Northern parula, El Dorado co.

  • ropepushercuz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      There was a singing male northern parula this morning at Cookhouse
      Meadow, near South Lake Tahoe. I saw the bird while point counting
      with a meadow restoration research team. Cookhouse Meadow is on hwy
      89, exactly 1 mile north (towards Lake Tahoe) of the Big Meadow
      trailhead on the east side of the road. It's a large meadow with a
      small stream running through it and lots of research flagging and pvc
      pipe sticking out of the ground. The bird was moving around the
      southern 1/3 of the meadow in aspens and low willows and was still
      singing when we left at around 10:00. It was often quite near the
      highway. Quite a pleasant suprise for a wednesday morning. I will try
      and get a photo of him up (Taken by Ryan Evans) as soon as possible.

      Cheers,

      Dan Maxwell