Yellow-throated Warbler at Galileo Hills 5/25

  • Eric Preston
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      On Sunday, May 25 Kim Kreitinger and I found ourselves birding Silver
      Saddle Ranch and Club (also known to birders as Galileo Hills, though
      that's not obvious to those who haven't been there before). At about 2
      p.m. Jim Moore alerted us to a Yellow-throated Warbler he found near
      the bungalows. We headed over there and found the bird foraging on the
      lawn and trees. I went back and got my camera and made some images
      which can be found here:

      http://www.ericwpreston.com/landbirds/YellowThroatedWarbler_1.html

      We observed the bird for about 15 minutes after which it flew across
      the road and we left it. It doesn't seem it was seen after that.

      That day we also saw Black-and-white Warbler, Northern Waterthrush and
      a pair of Vermillion Flycatchers with 3 fledglings. The next day none
      of the three previously mentioned warblers were seen by us.

      Eric Preston
      San Francisco, CA
      eric@...