Fwd: [slocobirding] Cassin's Sparrow - Carrizo Plain

  • TEdell@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14 7:11 PM
      The Cassin's Sparrow was seen again today on the Carrizo Plain in San Luis
      Obispo County.

      Tom Edell
      Cayucos, CA

      In a message dated 5/14/2008 9:47:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      jandkparker@... writes:

      This morning from 11 to 11:45, the CASSIN'S SPARROW made 3 of its skylarking
      flights. At the end of the second flight, it landed on top of a bush about
      25 feet from me and posed for almost a minute, giving me excellent views from
      all angles. The other two times, it would land down in the vegetation and
      stayed hidden between flights.
      A SAGE SPARROW was up and singing for the entire 45 minutes I was there.
      Directions to "there" - Hwy 58 east off of 101. Turn south on Soda Lake Rd.
      Go east on Belmont Trail. At about 2 miles, turn south on Chubback Rd. Park
      at the intersection of Chubback Rd. and Chula Vista Rd. The bird was almost
      due west of the intersection. All of the roads have signs.

      Kathy Parker
      Los Gatos

      favorites at AOL Food.